I’m always looking for a good daily devotional. Allow me to share with you one that was shared with me. “Good Enough: 40ish devotionals for a life of imperfection”, written by Kate Bowler and Jessica Richie last year.
I figure, when I underline half the preface the non-Roman numeral pages must be meaning-full, too.
Pg xi – Truths to start loving more:
- We are made for interdependence.
- We are fragile… and so is everyone else. But we can learn to live beautifully inside our limited bodies.
- Yes, our stupid, imperfect, ordinary lives can be holy.
- Life will break your heart, and there’s nothing wrong with you if you know that.
- Sometimes joy and laughter and absurdity are the exact medicine we need, but also we need actual medicine. We love actual medicine, too.
Pg xv – A Blessing for a Joyfully Mediocre Journey
- Blessed are you when you realize there is not enough – time, money, resources.
- Blessed are you who are tired of pretending that raw effort is the secret to perfection. It’s not. And you know that now.
- Blessed are you who need a gentle reminder that even now, even today, God is here, and somehow that is good enough.